Ads (728x90)

SRI SRI THAKUR VIDEO

Recent Posts

Add as a follower to automatically get updated Article. Jaiguru!

CONVERSATIONS WITH SRI SRI THAKUR: DEEPA-RAKSHI: JUNE 13, 1953; PART 1: SIN AND CRIME

Sri Sri Thakur was seated on the white bed in the veranda of Boral Bungalow. It was about 9 o’clock in the morning. Mr. Baladeb Sahay, Advocate General of Bihar, came to Sri Sri Thakur. Mr. Ray Archer Hauserman came with him.

Taking his seat on a chair Mr. Sahay inquired about the health of Sri Sri Thakur and then asked, “ How do you differentiate between sin and crime?”

Sri Sri Thakur, “Sin is that which causes us to fall from the law of being and becoming. Crime is sometimes better in the extreme point, but not sin.”

Mr. Sahay, “By committing sin, I shall spoil my own soul, but by crime I shall pollute the society.”

Sri Sri Thakur, “It is not a fact that I am responsible only for myself. I am responsible for my environment also. If there is any such dictate of the state which is against the law of Dharma it can be violated there. But the way of being and becoming must not be violated. Detachment from that way is to deny God.”

Mr. Sahay, “What do you think regarding the punishment of a thief?”

Sri Sri Thakur, “Punishment should be for rectification. But if you punish anyone falsely, everything will be spoiled. Again, continuous punishment makes a person inert. Punishment may be necessary sometimes, but those who intentionally harass an honest person are surely subject to punishment.”

Mr. Sahay, “But to forgive a sinner is a crime.”

Sri Sri Thakur, “Then I have committed so many crimes forgiving people. But I have been able to mold their character by doing so.”

Mr. Sahay, “Yes, people can be molded by forgiveness.”

Sri Sri Thakur, “I want to create such a society where each and every evil doer will get cared for.” (To be continued)

Post a Comment